CIVIL Journal (published research article, case report, technical report, literature review (review article) in all fields of civil engineering include:
- Water resource engineering
- Construction management
- Regional Development
- Disaster management
- Research paper. This category covers papers that report on any type of research undertaken by the authors. The research may involve the construction or testing of a model or framework, action research, testing of data, market research or surveys, empirical, scientific, or laboratory research.
- Conceptual paper. These papers will not be based on research but will develop hypotheses. The papers are likely to be discursive and will cover philosophical discussions and comparative studies of others' work and thinking.
- Case study. Case studies describe actual interventions or experiences within organizations. They may well be subjective and will not generally report on research. A description of a legal case or a hypothetical case study used as a teaching exercise would also fit into this category.
- Literature review. It is expected that all types of paper cite any relevant literature so this category should only be used if the main purpose of the paper is to annotate and/or critique the literature in a particular subject area.